Treat Yo-self Thursday: Vintage Beauty

Happy Thursday, everybody!

I absolutely love all of the DIY beauty tips I find on Pinterest. From teeth whitening to making your skin glow, Pinterest literally has everything!

Something that I've noticed on Facebook and Pinterest lately is the reemergence of vintage beauty. I've seen videos about how to use a solid mascara and even how lipstick used to be made! I decided to look for something a little less extreme but also cheap (read: free). I found an article on Pinterest named "7 Vintage Beauty Tips You Need To Try". I'd heard of some of them before (Audrey Hepburn is a brave woman for putting a pin so close to those famous eyes...), but the one that interested me the most is how Joan Crawford kept her face wrinkle-free and toned:

Ice water.

Yup, ice water.

I decided to give it a try. I mean, it worked for Joan and Lauren Conrad, so why not give it a try?

When I begin washing my face, I use warm, not hot, water to open my pores and let my Clairsonic remove the gunk. Instead of rinsing my face with the warm water again, as I had done for years, I turned the faucet the other direction until I felt as if my fingers would freeze off. I splashed it on my face and immediately regretted my decision. The cold water got onto my freshly washed, and warm, neck and shoulders, and I felt goosebumps all over my body. However, I did notice a clean tingling to my face. I put on my night cream and went to bed, feeling relaxed and clean.
After doing this for a couple of days, I noticed that my face felt firmer and looked pore-less; I wasn't breaking out nearly as much as I did before the ice water.

I've tried using just cold water as well as a piece of ice, but I'm looking to do a weekly submersion in a bowl of water with ice.

Or maybe I should try steaming my face...

Vintage beauty tips, they're making a comeback!

Comments