Monday Motivation: Fuuuuuuuuture

Right before graduation, I went on a Seniors retreat with the Catholic Patriots. What better way to celebrate the end of my college years that with all of my friends, some good food, and Jesus?

I had a final to take that morning, so I showed up after the first talk while everyone was having personal reflection. Once I joined my group, they told me that they reflected on what they wanted to be as children and how that relates to what we are doing now.

One of the guys in our group said that he wanted to be a waiter and a dentist. Quite the interesting combination, I thought to myself. But the thing is, that's exactly what he was doing. He had just spent the last 4 years studying to become a dentist and this summer, he was going to be a waiter. He was living the dream!

But things didn't go perfectly planned.

Even though he had spent years devoted to dentistry, including internships and even a medical mission trip to the Philippines, he wasn't going to be a dentist. Nope, my friend is entering the seminary in the Fall. Yup, he's going to become a priest.

He told me about how hard it was for him to change everything he worked so hard for. He prayed for so long and so hard; this was God's Will. He was brave enough to dive head-first into unknown territory and trust in His Plan completely.

That's how life is: you can plan all you want, pray and wish for everything to work out the way you want, things seem to be going well, and then BOOM, God throws you a curveball.

When that happens, I look something like this:

                                       Image result for spongebob future

As a child, my dream was to become a princess and a mom. That was my dream. Between working as a Cast Member and meeting a couple of decent guys, I've gotten a taste of each piece of my dream, but I want all of it!

Right now, I don't know where I'll be in 3 months, let alone a year. But you know what? I'm pretty excited to find out...

Comments