Tunes-day: Rainy Daze

I've previously posted about how I love the warm and sunny weather that comes with spring. But isn't the saying "April showers bring May flowers"?

Spring is a time for growth, and growth comes from the rain. I love keeping the windows down while it rains. I will lay in bed with a good cup of tea and I'll listen to the rain for hours. I love the aesthetic of a rainy day and music softly playing from a record player. There is certain music that just sounds right in the rain; vintage records and raspy voices.

Until I can get my own Crosley player and an extensive 50s record collection, I guess these songs will have to do:


  1. La Vie en Rose- Louis Armstrong
  2. Moon River- Audrey Hepburn (Andy William's version is also beautiful)
  3. Sway- Rosemary Clooney with Perez Prado
  4. Singing in the Rain- Gene Kelley
  5. Almost Like Being in Love- Nat "King" Cole

What do you like to do on a rainy day?

Comments