Woman Crush Wednesday: Kristin

Today marks the very first Woman Crush Wednesday post!

Similarly to my other posts, I will keep to a general template for the Wednesday blogs. They will open with a little information about my woman of the week and will follow with 5 questions that I will answer pertaining to our friendship.

Since this is my first WCW, I figured that the best way to start it off was with my best friend...

No automatic alt text available.
Kristin and I have been friends since 2002. That's 15 years of friendship, and we've spent most of that time apart. We text almost every day and we FaceTime as often as we can. Currently, she is living in Connecticut and working for ESPN; she does graphics for the morning shows! We don't get to see each other as much as we'd like, but when we are together, it's as if nothing has changed. We never run out of things to talk about but when we're quiet, it is just as nice.


Here's a little more about Kristin:


1. How did we meet?

It was the middle of the school year and I had just moved from DC to Illinois. Kristin was "assigned" to show me around the school and help me adjust. We instantly clicked. She was nice and funny and was always willing to help me in anyway that I could.

2. Favorite memory?
Image may contain: 2 people, people smilingWe spent a LOT of time together as children. One day, it had snowed and school was cancelled. I had gone over to her house to spend the snow day together. We made snowman and had a snowball fight and to warm up, we had hot chocolate. Kristin's mom pulled out frozen Thin Mints and dropped one in each of our cups. It was so good and I've been doing it ever since. It felt like a scene from a movie; it was perfect.

3. Things that reminds me of her:
A unique and abstract piece of art, cold beer on a summer day, a kitten sleeping in the sun, daffodils, a sunny, rainy day...

4. What we like to do together:
Kim Possible is one of the things we bond over the most (Disney and cats come in close behind...). We watched it all the time when we were kids and listened to the soundtrack on repeat. She visited this past Monday-Wednesday and after spending the whole day in DC, we relaxed by drinking margarita's and watching the Kim Possible movie. It was the best night.

5. My favorite thing about her:
I have never met someone like Kristin. The best way I can describe her to someone is "we are the same person, but we are complete opposites". And it's true. She is artistic, passionate, considerate, empathetic, quirky, and headstrong. She's my best friend, and that's my favorite thing about her.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, closeup

Comments