Monday Motivation: Self-Love is Self-Care

I don't know about you, but last week was rough. Early mornings, late nights, piles of work, cleaning that needed to be done, places to go, people to see, things to do... Busy doesn't even begin to describe it.

I was on the go from Monday straight through Saturday. Once I got the chance to sit down and do homework on Sunday, I couldn't bring myself to do hardly anything. Fortunately, I only have one written assignment, and it's not due until Friday. I got the general idea fleshed out for the 3-page, double-spaced paper, before I felt the wave of exhaustion.

My legs and feet hurt from lip sync practice, my voice was raspy from talking and singing, my head hurt from having too many To Do lists, my heart hurt from everything stacking on top of each other; I needed a break. I pampered myself with all of my favorite products last night and allowed myself to just take care of myself. As I lay in bed watching Bob's Burgers for the thousandth time, I realized something. The greatest form of self-love is self-care. If I don't take care of myself, how can I take care of anyone else?

My challenge for you this week is to make, not find, time to take care of yourself. Do it daily. Maybe it's a 10 minute, uninterrupted coffee break. Maybe it's Daily Mass. Maybe it's taking an hour at the end of the day to shut off your phone and read a book. Whatever it is, make time for it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a million To Do lists to go through...

Comments