Tunes-Day: Disney Motivation

Hello, world!

Let me start by apologizing for not posting any blogs last week. You know how you get so excited and have a plan for everything, but then life happens and you don't follow through? It isn't fun.

I got discouraged last week for a number of reasons. Class assignments, exams, not blogging, and, of course, my impending future.

Usually when I get overwhelmed, I do things that help me feel better like painting my nails or drinking a cut of tea. One of my favorite things to do to feel better is watch a Disney movie (the live-action Cinderella, Pocahontas, and Beauty and the Beast are my current go-to's...) I find everything about them inspiring and motivating, especially when life get's dark. From the character development to the story-line to the music, I always feel loads better after I watch a Disney movie.


Here are my Top 5 most inspirational Disney songs:

1) A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes- Cinderella
How can I not start this list with the classic inspirational Disney song? We all have dreams, we think about them every day, but what do you do when you just don't believe those dreams will come true? You keep believing, and you don't stop until you get what you want.
2) Go the Distance- Hercules
When I was young, I was never restless. I was perfectly content to live in Virginia for the rest of my life and have nothing ever change. But when I got to college, things changed. I wanted freedom, to visit new places, to try new things. I didn't belong in Virginia anymore, I needed to be somewhere else.
3) Out There- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
I was torn between this song and When Will My Life Begin from Tangled. For years, I've been able to see my dream, but I've been stuck in one place, unable to move. However, I got to get a taste of my dream, and let me tell you, it only made me more restless.
4) Almost There- Princess and the Frog
I am almost to my dream. I've experienced little pieces of my dream, but rather than satisfying me, it only made me hungry for more. No matter how many internships I get denied from, I have to remind myself, "I have the passion. I have the drive. I have the determination. I'm almost there..."
5) How Far I'll Go- Moana
When I was a kid, I would start running and I would get faster and faster until my legs just couldn't go anymore. That is how I feel about my future. I don't know what I will be doing in the next year, but once I start, I am going to run directly to my dream, because once I go, there's just no telling how far I'll go...

What songs inspire you?

Comments